4 May 2011

designer profile: estela balan


As the temperature is starting to rise for most of you, the weather here in Auckland has been getting more miserable by the day and I’m seriously starting to miss the summer. All of a sudden everything seems a little lack lustre. The skies are grey and so is my wardrobe. I don’t know about you, but my life needs a serious injection of colour and I’m thinking that up-and-coming Mexican label Estela Balan could be just what I need…


Designed by Diana Martinez, Estela Balan’s Spring/Summer 2011 collection is full of South American Spirit. Not one to shy away from colour, Diana’s designs are fun and vivacious, but it’s her attention to detail that makes her pieces so special. Subtle ruffles and beautiful draping are the core elements of her designs. Romantic, elegant and a little bit flirty, her dresses and skirts easily transition from day wear to evening wear and are perfect for dancing away those long hot summer nights!

I don’t want to have to wait until summer to cheer up my wardrobe, so until it comes around again in New Zealand I’ll be adding some colour into my life by teaming pieces like the Estela Balan Sunset Skirt with my opaque tights and a classic tee. I’m feeling brighter already! 

To find out more about Estela Balan’s colourful designs simply click HERE.

2 comments:

sngthanh- said...

i love it, it's perfect for the summer! x

Elisabeth Isabelle said...

oh my god I just can't help dying every single time i'm on your your blog and see your header. GORGEOUS. ahah and I liked your facebook page!
sucks that your summer's fading. can't even imagine the horror. after more than a year of autumn and winter (not kidding, our summer never showed up last year) sun at all is just heeeaaaven. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...